Monday, May 23, 2011

Sauvie Island

On Saturday morning, my sister and I went on a little drive/picture taking adventure of Sauvie Island. She's been wanting to take me out there for a while and it turned out to be the perfect morning.

Our first stop was the historic Bybee-Howell House.

















Then we stopped at Kruger's Farm Market for some fresh fruits and veggies. Then we headed to the Sauvie Island Lavender Farm. The daughter of the farmer was at the store that morning and didn't have change. So after searching my purse, we came up with $2.50 for a small lavender plant that my sister wanted. I think that saved us about $2.50.




This old grocery store is across the street from the lavender farm.


Our next and final stop was to go to the beach. The river was very high, the road to the beach was flooded and the beach was pretty much washed out. (Which also may have, thankfully, scared away the 'clothing-optional' group that visits this beach as well.)


But we still found a little place to sit and enjoy another wonderful Deschutes Brewery beer.



Beautiful day! I'm glad I finally made it out there with you T, thanks for the invite!!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos and awesome sister time!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we did too! I love you, and love that we share our birthday's so close to one another. A special sister gift not everyone gets.
    xoxoxo
    <me

    ReplyDelete