Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Cell phone pictures do not look the best (at all) but they'll have to do for this post. I am still learning how to use my new phone, and I'm hoping their are some settings for the camera that I've just overlooked.

We returned home from Bend around 2pm on Friday and then headed to Garibaldi shortly after that. It was going to be our first weekend at my parent's house in quite a while and I couldn't wait. Plus, it was Mother's Day weekend and I was going to be spending it with my mom and Makena.

My mom and Rudy bought me an indoor tomato plant for my birthday. It shouldn't get much bigger than this, but will (hopefully) produced several tomatoes. Most of my tomatoes rotted last year before even getting to this size.

On Saturday, Jamie and Rudy went over to fix a few things on Gram's house while my mom, Makena and I went shopping. (Thanks again for doing that Honey, Gram really appreciates everything you do for her!)

On Day 1, I found an odd shaped platter and a 7 Up bottle opener. Makena found a sweater and Mom came home empty handed. On Day 2, I went back for the tall canister (in the photo below) and the two jars. I couldn't decide on them on Day 1 so figured I could come back if I really wanted them.



Of course the canister was not in the spot I left it on Day 1. I had the sales people looking in their receipts and around the shop for about 30 minutes. When we figured it had just been purchased and tagged wrong, it was found sitting right in the front window - next to the register. I also picked up a little, green, glass leg protector - I'm going to use it to keep my rings safe in on my nightstand.


The jars are currently holding brown rice and evaporated cane juice sugar; they are the perfect size. And the canister has a new home in our pantry holding almost 6lbs of oatmeal. Again, it's the perfect size.



My mom also gave me a couple of things that were my Aunt Tami's. The little green shelf should easily find a place in my house. I was most excited about the little doll. I have a small collection of dolls and this one is going to be a wonderful addition. It also says "I Love You" just above her heart.





I woke up early on Sunday and started reading a book. I was so involved in it that Jamie brought me breakfast in bed around 11am. And, around 1pm I was done reading the book and ready for lunch.


Makena went shopping for a Mother's Day gift for the first time on her own this year. Well...she went with Hailee...so they were really shopping on their own, together. When I saw the Made In Oregon bag I was very excited. When I found an Oregon piggy bank inside, I was even more excited! He's currently sitting on my desk until I find the perfect home for him. (And no, there wasn't any money in him. I already checked. Maybe next year?)


And there would be a picture of him here, but my cell phone didn't email that particular photo for some reason. And then it stopped cooperating with me. So I'll have to add that photo later.

No comments:

Post a Comment