Thursday, August 12, 2010

Why I Smiled

Why I smiled this week...

I've been adding frozen strawberries to my water. Yum.


Our new toothbrush holders arrived in the mail. They are UV light holders that sanitize your toothbrushes when you've finished using them! I've been looking at them for a while now and finally decided on one.


Well, I guess I decided on two because Makena got one too.


And, my favorite of all, the Germguardian UV light wand! You hold this baby over an object for approx. 20 seconds and it kills the germs! I've scanned the keyboards, phones, cutting boards, shoes, pillows and whatever else I could find. Just doesn't get any better than that!


Jamie said that he can just see me standing outside of the bathroom door, waiting with my wand, when company is over. I'm not that bad. Yet.

Can't wait to travel with it though!

We also picked up some new Ikea furniture for Makena's room. Just gotta smile when you see their instructions.


A new dresser (and nightstand) for Makena. The fun, striped paper is even included!

And out with the old dresser. Even though I'm kind of sad to see it go, it's time. I've had this dresser for almost 20 years. I don't remember what color it was when I got it, but my mom and I painted it white. I later added distressed red drawers. Then when Makena got the dresser, we painted it purple and added new pulls. It just got too small (and old) for a growing teenager.

And it doesn't really "fit" in her new room anymore.

Her room is coming together. Because she's been gone for the past week, the painting has been put on hold. The wall with her desk will remain purple, but the others will be splattered with a teal paint. And, of course, several posters will then be put on top of that.

Side Note: The color of this paint is actually called Houdini Blue. But, it's about as purple as you see in this photo. A beautiful, deep purple. Jamie calls it 'Ravens Purple'. Makena doesn't really like that. : )

2 comments:

  1. Ok first off I must have your 20 yr old dresser.
    Secondly LOVE and Dieing over the instructions.
    lol
    Adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and so happy the great liner came with the dresser. P.E.R.F.E.C.T

    ReplyDelete