Friday, August 20, 2010

Warped Tour 2010

A few months back, Makena asked if I'd take her to another concert. Warped Tour. I really should have listened to her description of the "concert" before saying Yes. We bought Hailee a ticket for her birthday. This was Hailee's first concert - lucky girl. Makena's friend Madison also went with them.


Warped Tour was held at the Washington County Fairgrounds. They needed the space, because there were 50 different bands playing on several different stages.

That is a lot of bands.

Which take a long time to play.

The gates opened at 11am and the line was down and around the block. The parking was crazy and in a dusty, dirt field to the side of the Fairgrounds. But, we made it...

The girls tried to get rid of me right away of course. I set a few ground rules before heading off on my own. No tattoos. No boys. No piercings. No smoking. No boys. No alcohol. No drugs. No boys.

There were thousands of kids there from 12 to 20+. I did see a few parents, like me, wandering around or looking for their kids. When I found a band I liked, I would listen for a bit. Then I'd head off to the beer garden. Not for beer (I know...it's crazy) but because the kids couldn't get in there and there were trees for shade.

It was 95+ degrees out! Of course it would be hot that day.

Makena would text me when there was a band I knew that was playing. I would text her to put on sunscreen (which was in the back pack I packed for them because I'm still the Coolest Mom Ever) and to keep drinking water.

They had a lot of fun, but Makena and Madison were ready to go home about 5pm. The concert was supposed to go until 9pm, so that was fine with me! I think Hailee would have stayed all night.

PS - to get ready for the concert, we had to leave the lake early Sunday morning to drive home from the lake.

PPS - The Coolest Mom Ever even thought to put a sharpie in the back pack so that the girls could get signatures from the bands.

PPPS - I'm glad the girls had a good time, but hopefully someone else wants to take them next year. : )

1 comment: