Monday, August 2, 2010

Walden Island 7.31.10

Another relaxing weekend at Walden Island. TeaLee joined us this weekend.

Before we left for the lake though, Jamie says "Make sure you bring a check."

"For what?" I ask

"That bike."

"Huh? What bike?"

"The one I told you about. I like it - I'm going to buy it."

While I look for the checkbook, I'm wondering where I was when we had the conversation about buying the motorcycle. I'm thinking it was around the same time that we 'discussed' buying the boat (a surprise), the wave runners (another surprise!) and the Vita-mixer.

He already loves the bike of course. A kid with a new toy.

We had a late dinner that night, but called it an early night.

It was overcast for most of the day Saturday, so we mostly just relaxed. Makena and I both read a book, TeaLee spent 4 hours on my iPad and Jamie fixed the ditch-witch. (I foresee much digging in my future...)

Jamie made us dinner on his 'new, free grill' as he likes to call it.
Then we started a fire and made yummy s'mores.

It was a bit warmer out on Sunday, so we did some swimming. For some reason none of us had thought to bring an iPod charger or an extra book - yikes! I already have a few books packed for next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment