Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy 2014!

I had been talking with Jamie about New Year's Eve for over a month.  The plan was to spend a nice, quiet weekend at the lake and ring in the New Year.  That was my "plan" apparently, not Jamie's.  Most of the residents of Walden Island had flown to warmer, dryer temps and Jamie didn't want to be stuck in The Shed when it was so cold out.  So...we invited people over to Nighthawk!  (In all honesty, I probably would have missed having everyone over to celebrate with us.)  

And what kind of party do you throw on Nighthawk??  A Pajama Party of course!  We rang in the New Year in style and comfort.  (Jamie's original idea was a lingerie party but that didn't work for our family-friendly party.)

I did a bit more planning and decorating this year.  (THANK YOU Pinterest!)

I had crafts for the kids.


They made some fabulous hat and head bands.  Unfortunately, the 'fast drying' glue wasn't fast enough and I had quite a few pompoms glued to Makena's carpet the next day. :)

I was finally able to use items for a photo booth.  That was a lot of fun!
 
 
 
 As usual, the kids often end up hanging out with Makena.  And she's perfectly happy with that.

 And the big kids play downstairs.  And I'm perfectly happy with that.
Because it gets a bit crazy when they all come upstairs.  There were over 35 people in/out of Nighthawk that night.  My OCD did pretty well I think.
 This family of two will soon be three!!  We're so excited for them!
CHEERS!
 
 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Yes, we all love each other on Nighthawk.
 
 
A poker game isn't usually planned, but almost always happens.  And can be a l-o-n-g game for those who haven't had as much to drink as the others.
 
I tried to have everyone write a wish or resolution, but as you can see the bucket is not all that full.  This was the first time I've tried this and we'll read them all on New Year's Eve this year.  Then I think it will catch on!
No one was left out on the Midnight Kiss.
 And everyone got a box of good fortune to go home with.
I think we got to sleep sometime after 4am.  I was up, as usual, about 7am but went back for a nap as soon as I could.  We spent most of Jan 1 relaxing...until it was time to finish cleaning up on Nighthawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment