Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas cheer!



What an amazing couple of days we've had here on Nighthawk!  On Christmas Eve, the Hesses, Atkinsons and Meachams came over for dinner.  It was a laid back night with a ton of food!  This was intentionally planning on my part as I had nothing planned for Christmas Day and there was going to be food left over!  (And by nothing, I mean eating and watching movie on the couch all day with Makena and Jamie.)

Because Makena is at home every day now, we were able to plan for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with her.  And, this was the first year that we didn't volunteer at the Senior Center or make plans to do something on Christmas morning.  (Thankfully, there were plenty of volunteers signed up at the Senior Center!)  So it was just us.  I had been looking forward to this day for weeks.

If you have a teenager, you know that they don't like to get up early.  Not even to open Christmas presents!  I talked the girls in to waking her up at 9am though.  They don't mind running in to her room to wake her up.

Maddie had been sniffing around under the tree all morning, so she was very eager to help open stockings.


One of Makena's gifts didn't arrive in time, but a printed out note was enough to get her excited about a new cd from one of her favorite bands.


And Jamie always loves new Ravens goodies.  This is how far it is from Nighthawk to where the Ravens play.


And some new pajamas for our upcoming New Year's Eve pajama party.  I *may* have purchased (and wrapped) myself a matching pair.  (I know...I know...)


I've been making Makena photo books of our summer Road Trips.


Grandma and Papa thought that Makena needed a small refrigerator for her bedroom.  Great, now she'll never come out of there. :)

 

The girls got goodies too of course.

 
I received some beautiful jewelry and a stocking full of goodies too.  And we each opened our new ornament for next year. 

After a sugary breakfast, we did exactly what I had planned.  Put ourselves on the couch and watched tv all day.  White Christmas, Jack Frost, Four Christmases, It's a Wonderful Life, The Butler (it's not a holiday movie but we wanted to see it) and then we caught up on The Amazing Race.  We got up to eat.  Several times.  And it was perfect.

P.S. I know my dog is 'pudgy' round the middle.  We're working on that together.  I know exactly how she feels!  

P.P.S. Yes, Jamie does love that hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment