Saturday, December 21, 2013

A little Nighthawk Thanksgiving

The Saturday after we got home from Maryland, we were off to find our Christmas tree.  We planned an entire day of tree hunting, decorating and then eating a Thanksgiving dinner at home.  Yes, it made sense to us.

We tried a new tree farm this year.  Unfortunately, almost every tree is on a hill.  (Not Makena's favorite.) The sun was out, but it was approximately 30 degrees.  (Also not Makena's favorite.)  Jamie wasn't agreeing with any tree Makena and I chose, so the 'hunt' was taking longer than planned.  Usually Makena and Jamie agree on the tree before I do, but not this year.  And, in the end, we just agreed with Jamie's choice because we were numb from the cold.  (And don't let him tell you he gets to chose next year, it's NOT true!)



The best part about this tree farm is the giant gift shop.  A two story, giant house that was turned in to a gift shop.  I spent as much time in there as I could.  And I purchased my very first tree skirt.  Burlap and red velvet - perfect.


After decorating our tree, we ate as much food as we could.  Thanksgiving on the Raven's bus was missing many of our family favorites, so I cooked them all that day.  We ate, looked at our tree and enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment