Thursday, June 28, 2012

Surprise 80th!

While Teri was in Oregon visiting this month, a plan was made to celebrate her birthday.  During that same time, another plan was made to surprise Grandma Neena for her 80th birthday coming up in August.  Some people may have lied to their grandmother to keep the secret.  Not me though, I left that up to my sister and cousins!

Ginny (my cousin Kim's mother-in-law) wanted to plan a tea party for Grandma's 80th.  I think Ginny may have done the most amount of lying.  And, she probably still feels guilty to this day.  The party was held at Ginny's house.  And because we also wanted to celebrate Teri's birthday, we did that too.  And because the day after the party was Father's Day, we celebrated that too. 

 
 
 
 Grandma was very surprised! That is Ginny with her.
 And this is Grandma's friend Elinore.
 And these are beautiful desserts that I couldn't eat. (Updates on Medifast in a different post.)
 Ginny even had servers bring our meals.
 
 This is food that I could eat...after I took out the yummy strawberries and oranges.
 Grandma loves tea.  Kim gave her this tea ball that came to life inside the water.
 They guys had their own dinner in the other room
 Then there was cake!
 And presents!
 
 It was such a nice day out that Danny and Asher decided to play in the pool.  And then they got tired of the pool and played in the yard.  These boys obviously aren't shy.
 
 
 
 And a crazy, family photo to end the party right.
I would like to point out that Jamie ate/drank other than the suggested Medifast foods.  But, we were there to enjoy good food and company, so he probably made the right decision!  I did really well until I saw there there were german chocolate cupcakes that Grandma made.  I tried, really tried, but just couldn't last the day without eating one.  It.was.wonderful.  Every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment