Friday, March 23, 2012

Why I don't sleep

I've been tired for the past few months. Like I just want to take a nap every day. (Not that that's a bad thing!) And I feel like I'm dragging.

I bought a Philips goLITE hoping that it would help during our dreary Oregon months. Not much of a change in my energy, but it may be helping with my mood.

I started walking on the treadmill from 6am to 7am as often as I could. Not much of a change in my energy, but it may be helping with my big 'ol belly.

We even bought a new mattress. (Which has been fabulous by the way!) The Tempur-Pedic was worth every penny, and does help me sleep because I can't tell when Jamie is moving. And, my body is so very comfortable when I'm in bed.

Then Jamie says he thinks it's because I just don't sleep through the night very often. hmmmm...

11:00pm - fall asleep
2:45am - text message received (from someone who sleeps even less than I do...)
3:20am - Maddie up and needs to go out
4:15am - train goes by (while using it's horn most of the journey)
5:30am - Maddie up and thinks she needs to go out, but I convince her how warm and comfy bed is
6:00am - when my internal alarm clock goes off

Don't tell him, but Jamie may be on to something. Between all these times, I don't sleep because I'm thinking of 900 other things. That's just how my brain works. I keep a notepad by my bed so that I can write things down when I need to. That sometimes helps. I do take medication for my crazy brain. That sometimes helps. But I think I just need sleep!

Thankfully I don't have an infant or toddler that I need to get up with at night, I'd be even worse off. But, I already did that and I'm sure I'll have just as many sleepless night with her being a teenager. {sigh...}

1 comment:

  1. The train was HORRIBLE this morning...I'm miles away and I was watching the national news and reading email and it kept blaring and blaring it's horn over and over and I was thinking to myself, GOSH, I'm glad I don't live any closer....

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete