Monday, January 17, 2011

It's all in the definition.

I've settled on my "word" for 2011. It's taken me 17 days, but I really think it's a good one!

......................

per·se·vere  [pur-suh-veer] verb, -vered, -ver·ing.

–verb (used without object)
1. to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.


2. to persist in speech, interrogation, argument, etc.; insist.


-verb (used with object)
3. to bolster, sustain, or uphold: unflagging faith that had persevered him.


.........................

1. My word of 2010 was Transformation. Another good word and one I enjoyed working on. So this year, I'm going to persevere in my transformation. And, oh boy, are there some difficulties and obstacles with persevering. I'm pretty good with the discouragement part of that definition too, but hopefully Jamie will help me to persevere. (See what I'm doing here?)

1.2 I'd also like to continue steadfastly in my organizational skills. I am an organized person. I like being an organized person. I only function well as an organized person. I will persevere where more organization in my life is needed though!

-I recently spent quite a bit of time at Bed, Bath & Beyond looking for things to help me organize around the house. Lots of new goodies have found their way into the house.

-I also need to organize my recipe folders/books/binders and focus on making healthy meals again for my family on a regular basis. I have also enlisted in the help of a chef to help with dinner a few nights a month. Can't wait to see how that's going to work out! And, I love using Evernote on my iPad to pull up recipes and keep things handy while in the kitchen.

2. I think I've got the part down about persevering during an argument. Or at least I do in my mind...

3. Do you bolster someone or ?? hmmm...I'll have to look in to that one a bit more.

..........................

I think things will go well in 2011 as long as I keep the word persevere in my daily thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment