Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Persevere Update

I'm still having fun organizing my kitchen. So many new and fun gadgets out there to help!

One thing I did, was get some new lunch stuff for Makena. I cleaned out a drawer in the kitchen* and put all of her lunch items in there so that it would all be in one place from now on.

We don't really use plastic tupperware type things anymore, especially for things we microwave, so I've slowing been replacing that with glass items for the house or reusable items for her lunch. She's had this lunch bag since entering 6th grade, and it's been great! It's a bit small now though. She doesn't really eat more than she did before, it's just that the reusable items are a bit bigger than plastic bags and such.

And I didn't have enough containers for everything I wanted to pack sometimes and often ended up with this.

Which often leads to some broken Goldfish or squished grapes.

But now she has new goodies to carry her lunch in! The bag is like a small messenger type bag that can fold up into a little carrying pouch. And, it's insulated with a pocket and adjustable strap. The containers are stainless steel - safer for her and the Goldfish. She had the Kleen Kanteen water bottle, but now it fits nicely in a little pouch on the side.

I think she's going to like the thermos best. Makena loves (loves) soup and will now be able to enjoy that at school. I know, I know, I should have thought of a thermos before...but, she only really started wanting to take a lunch more often since becoming a vegetarian.

And now she has a variety of things to use for her lunch every day. Better for her and the environment too!

*The drawer that I cleaned out usually holds small, baby/toddler items. Things like toddler cups with lids, small bowls for baby food, small non-breakable plates, bibs, tiny wash clothes, etc. These are things I used when I did daycare (yes, over 3 years ago) but when the kids come over now they still know where to go for these things. And, to be honest, it was difficult to get rid of most of this stuff. (I'll never get rid of the 'I love my Aunt' bib tho!)

Jamie asked me why I was cleaning it out and when I told him he says "Well what are Kylah and Kallie going to eat with then?" I showed him that I did save a few items for them, but that I didn't really need all of it. The kids can use our dishes now, and all of the stuff just didn't fit in with my organizing of the kitchen anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment