Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hiatus, check.

A friend, and fellow blogger, reminded me that it has been a while since my last post.  A year actually.  I've thought about posting several times over the past year.  I've started a post, come back to it, and then just never posted it.  Some things I've wanted to share, I didn't.  Some things I've wanted to share, I couldn't.

There have been a lot of changes for my family this past year.  Many difficult and challenging things have happened.  My heart has been filled with hate.  My body has been run past exhaustion. My mental health has been pushed to it's limits.  I've cried.  I've also been smothered with support.  I've been able to spend quality time with family and friends. I've relaxed and had fun (and ran a half-marathon!).  I've laughed.

Basically life has gone on.  It's had it's ups and downs.  I look forward to each new day.  I'm learning to share.  I'm learning to hug.  (Yes, you see it.)  I look forward to Makena's smile each morning and Jamie's 'love you Sweetie' each night.

And because no one likes to post without a picture, here is one of Makena and I with a new little friend on our road trip this past summer.


My plan is to return to my blog more often.  The hiatus has been nice, but blogging is something that I've missed.  And it's good to do the things we enjoy right?

P.S. Thanks for missing me Kathy.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to leave you a comment the other day....sending good thoughts to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete