Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas brunch at Grandma's

There are always several gatherings to attend every year around the holidays. You have parties at friends' house, gifts to exchange and food to eat. You have parties at your family's house, gifts to exchange and food to eat. You have parties at your house, gifts to exchange and food to eat.

This all adds up to a lot of food people.

And then you have in-laws and step-parents and friends of friends. The list could go on and someone could become overwhelmed. But this year, we weren't overwhelmed at all.

Because we were out of town, we missed the annual Christmas party at the Flaherty's house. This made me sad. We also, for the first time ever, missed Kylah's birthday party that is held the same day. This made me very sad.

But we enjoyed a wonderful brunch and time with family at my Grandmother's house the weekend before Christmas. It's often difficult to get everyone together, so I'm happy when it all works out. And I know it makes my Grandmother happy to have her house full. Especially when there are grandchildren and great-grandchildren to spoil.


No comments:

Post a Comment