Tuesday, November 1, 2011

thanks {squared}

I read about this over at Give Me Some Oven and thought I would try it.

Guidelines for Thanks² (via Beth)

1. Take a picture on your phone with Instagram (iphone) or Retrocamera (android, etc). Both are free apps, so as long as you have a smart phone – you’re good to go! The point is, that both of these take square pictures – thus, thanks², aka thanks squared. But even if you don’t have a smart phone, if your phone can take photos – use that. No need for anything fancy. It’s all about the simplicity.

2. Write one line (poetry, prose) that pairs with your image as a caption.

3. When you post your image, please @thanks² (if you can–you may not be able to from your phone) and tag it with “thanksq” + the 2-digit day of the month – e.g. #thanksq01

*Note: If you can do it every day – great; if you can’t – no worries. :)
*Follow along on Facebook on the
thanks² page.

And because I'm not always a rule follower, I'm going to tweak this a bit. I'm just going to post the photos on my blog, not on the thanks {squared} page.

I read a couple of other November/Thankful things and thought I would like to try to post every day in November. Then I found thanks {squared} and thought it would be fun.

So...we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you did. I've enjoyed your photos and thanks each day. It always helps to hear and see what others are thankful for because it helps me reflect upon things I'm thankful for, especially when everyday life 'stuff' consumes most thoughts.

    ReplyDelete