Monday, July 27, 2009

Walden Island 66, 67 & 68

We left for the lake on Friday afternoon. Not any earlier or later than normal...but the trip took us 1 1/2 hours longer. We hit traffic off/on the entire trip. It was still hot when we got up to the lake, so we just made dinner and relaxed.

On Saturday, Jamie left at 6am for Washougal - for a motocross race. I had a busy day...I read an entire book, I floated in the lake for a few hours, I took a nap in the hammock, I took a walk and I then did some picture editing. I did do a little cleaning, but when you have less than 400 sq ft to clean it doesn't take long. Plus, it was just too hot to do much else! I made dinner before Jamie got back around 9pm and then we watched some episodes of our newest favorite show; The Deadliest Catch. Well...I actually watched movies until 3am...maybe I took too long of a nap!

We woke up to more heat on Sunday. It's usually about 10 degrees cooler at the lake, but not this weekend. Fine with me tho! One of the neighbors were borrowing The Monster, so we had an even better excuse to do nothing. We did a little yard work, swam around in the lake and visited with neighbors.

I honestly only took this picture at the lake this weekend.

These were the most colorful things we have growing on our property right now...dandelions. : ) Shortly after I took the picture, Jamie mowed the field and I sprayed it with weed killer. Sad...but it had to be done...
We're headed back up to the lake on Wednesday this week. The Flaherty's are coming to spend some with us on Thursday and Friday. I'll be coming home on Saturday for the Relay For Life of Beaverton. I haven't decided yet if I'll go back up to the lake...maybe, maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. that was some alot of catch up you did. It all looks like great times.

    ReplyDelete