Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pre-Tea Items

Because we were working on the Nighthawk house this year, I wasn't able to help out as much with the Walden Island Tea as I have been in the past.  Usually, the baking and prep work starts weeks (months) before hand.  I was only able to show up on Friday to take a few pictures before heading in to the kitchen.

I always like to photograph KC's flowers and yard.

This Toutle, our neighbor.  She will swim in the lake all day if she is allowed to.  She is a frogger extraordinaire and giant rock acquirer.  She will literally bring up rocks that she can hardly fit in her mouth.  We have quite the collecting on land.
 
 
 
There are always people (and wine) in the kitchen preparing.
 
 
All of KC's beautiful tea sets get set out and cleaned. (That has been my job once before - not my favorite.)


 
 
 KC (Babcock) made the best blackberry cordial I have ever tasted.  (I've actually never tasted it before, but I'm assuming that this is as good as it gets.)  Sweet goodness.

 
 
There are always flowers to arrange.  Caty wanted to decorated the vases on these table settings, so that's what we did.

 
 
 
 And when we are finished for the night, we enjoy a little more wine and relax.  The Babcock's new deck was completed just before the Tea, so we sat outside to enjoy the night.  And, the new gas fire pit.

 
And no, Jamie doesn't do any of the Pre-Tea items, but he's always around to help relax or start gas fire pits.

 
 
And then we try to get a good night's sleep before getting up again the next morning to prepare for the Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment