Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kylah playin' a little BBall

Makena and I were finally able to make it to one of Kylah's basketball games this year. Kylah's team was playing against a team that had several of her friends on it, so she was a bit nervous about the game. But, she did great!

She played two periods and even shot the ball a couple of times.


It's been a while since I've watched 2nd Graders play. They are quite amusing. They don't get called on many of the rules yet, and many of them already have great characteristics, so it makes for a fun-filled hour. Like when the kids are fighting over the ball, on the floor, with their own team mate.


Or basically just running with the ball in their hands.


(I wish I knew what this boy was saying to her.)

Because Jamie was out of town, I was trying to get some pictures of Kylah on my phone to text to him. But when I realized that she was dribbling down towards the basket, I reached back for my camera as fast as I could. I, of course, wasn't fast enough. (I totally failed as a photographer and Auntie here!) So I got a picture of the perfectly paused basketball just before in went in for a clean *swoosh*, and only the top of Kylah's head.

This was her first basket. I was so proud of her!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Kylah!!! xoxoxo (and shut up Auntie you are a good egg!)

    ReplyDelete